Friday, November 2, 2012

GOD'S MERCIES - NEW EVERY MORNING

Some of my favorite books when I was growing up were the Anne of Green Gable series. I wanted to BE Anne. Hey, we were both adopted and had red hair and green eyes, so I felt I was well on my way! :)

One thing she and I did NOT have in common was that she was one of those perky morning people. I don't hold it against her though. In her perky little way, she'd come into the kitchen where Marilla was invariably making something with fresh cream and say, "Tomorrow is fresh, with no mistakes in it."

Yesterday was a tough day, but this morning the sun is shining. Today is a fresh day with no mistakes in it. It reminds me of the verses in Lamentations 3:22-24, that say, "The Lord's lovingkindnesses (mercies) indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul; therefore, I will hope in Him."

In Psalms 146:5 says, "How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God."

Continuing on the theme of thankfulness this month, I am thankful for the various ways that God's mercies are new every morning. I am thankful that His compassions never fail and that HE is my hope and help and that's a blessing.

One way that God's mercies are new every morning are the special people He puts in our lives. For me, I am very thankful for my extended family - my parents, my brother, my in-laws and my sister-in-law.

It's unusual in this day and age to actually live near one set of grandparents, never mind, two. It's also somewhat unusual to see your aunts and uncle on a regular basis, but my kids have that blessing as well.

I know some people whose kids don't have any relationship with the grandparents for whatever reason, but my kids are blessed to have close ties with not one, but TWO sets of grandparents.

I am a firm believer in the wisdom of those who have lived a bit longer, and I am grateful that my kids are the recipient of that wisdom and that love.

This morning, my parents came to pick up my youngest son Brody for a day of fun. His older brother is hanging out with a friend so he was at loose ends. I'm just not terribly exciting these days, I guess. ;) All though, to be fair, I can see how hanging with the grandparents, going to Hobby Lobby and doing fun projects is WAY more fun than working in the garden. lol

So today, on day 2 of my month of thankfulness, I'm thankful for the great relationships my kids have with both sets of grandparents. These days, I know that isn't the norm so it is a very precious gift to me.

What are you thankful for today?
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment