Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 DAYS OF THANKFULNESS - Day 14

Today, I sat down with a cup of Dunkin Donuts gingerbread cookie coffee (and yes, it is as good as it sounds!) and did my morning routine. That is, I opened Facebook to see what fascinating things had happened while I slept. Then I went to my favorite mom's board, and finally, I opened my email accounts.

Maybe I should back up a little bit. Last night, as I was walking my dog, I felt overwhelmed - overwhelmed by the possibilities that is. I was praying for direction with my writing. I know - wah, wah, wah right? It's not that I don't have passion and it's not that I don't have interests - it's that I have too many.

I'd love to write a book (and I'm working on a zoo mystery at the moment -ssshhh, don't tell!). I'd love to write a Bible study. I love writing on this blog - so should I try to expand that into a ministry? I'd love to show women that God really does make a daily difference in their lives.

I would love to write devotionals and guest blog. I would enjoy writing articles on a wide variety of topics - and perhaps make a little money while doing it. Or, speaking of money, maybe I should start doing business writing.

I already write two features for our local newspaper which I love doing because I get to meet so many great people and at the same time, maybe help people too a little.

I'm sure you can see the problem - there is only so much that one person can do and do well. I need a little focus with my passion. I can't run around willy nilly, doing a little of this and a little of that because then I won't do anything with excellence.

But that means I have to choose.

Did I mention I hate choosing? When I was a kid, I had a very elaborate system to rotate which stuffed animals slept in my bed with me. Yes, I know - I was an odd child, but I didn't want anyone to feel left out.

Then, because I felt overwhelmed, I started thinking, well, maybe it would be easier to just quit. Yeah - brilliant plan isn't it. I'll quit so I don't have to choose. (rolling my eyes at myself here)

So, back to this morning - I open my Facebook page and one of the first things I read was from Jennifer Keat-Beck. It said, "Everything in life that is worthwhile takes effort. Don't give up."

Apparently, God realizes that He needs to be fairly blunt with me. lol Then I opened my email and found out I got picked to be on the "God-sized Dream Team." I had filled out the application several weeks ago, and quite frankly, forgot about it.

I'm sure my neighbor (or at least her dogs) could hear me squealing this morning. I'M SO STINKIN' EXCITED for this opportunity. You can read a little about this God-sized Dream Team here.

So, today, I am thankful for the ability to dream big dreams, and I am thankful for opportunities.

What step of faith is God asking you to take?
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment