Monday, January 16, 2012

GOD'S PATHS

Don't you wish God would just email you what He wants you to do or perhaps leave a voice mail? It would be so much easier. My path the past couple years has been rather twisty and poorly lit.

To be honest, a lot of times I only have light for the very next step and the dark unknown yawns before me with all of its questions and wonderings. I've learned to be okay with that - it doesn't mean I like it though. I'd really rathr God handed me a divine GPS system that laid out my route, complete with detours and rest stops highlighted for me.

But God doesn't work like that - at least in my life.

I have another job opportunity presented to me, and thus, another interview. To be completely honest, I'm tired of continuing to walk through doors that slam in my face, but I know that this is a process wherein God is narrowing my choices down so I am still on the right path - His path.

The good thing is, I've learned an awful lot about the intervewing process. (it had been literally over a decade since I'd been on a formal interview when I went to my first job interview last fall) I've learned about patience and about doing my best and leaving the results in God's hands. I've learned the truth that I am truly NOT in control of much of anything, despite my delusions otherwise. And I've learned to not only be okay in that, but to rest in that as well.

After all, while I don't know what my future holds, I know God holds my future. That is a restful thought because I also know that God is good. He is my loving Father who wants what is best for me (even when I may not agree about what constitutes "best"). He knows my future and has plans to prosper and not harm me.

Mostly, I've been learning (and am still in the process of learning) that circumstances are just litter along the path God has for me. I can let them trip me up or I can pick them up and carry them with me, letting them weigh me down. The other option is I can choose to let God take care of my path, and therefore all those pesky circumstances, for me.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; Bless the Lord and forget not all of His benefits." God is the best insurance plan around because He truly does offer the best benefits!

~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment