Monday, October 10, 2011

REST FOR THE WEARY

I have found a new singer I really like. Her name is Jamie Grace and she looks like she is about 15 years old. Of course, the older I get the younger everyone else starts to look. I see college graduates and think, "Wow, how did you get out when you are only 12?" lol

God is always so gracious to me. He seems to bring books or speakers or songs into my life just when I need them. To be perfectly frank, I'm tired. I'm weary. It's been a tough 18 months in my life. It started out a year ago this past April I had a betrayal. Well, it wasn't me so much as a loved one. Why is it that fellow believers, the ones that are supposed to have our back, seem to the one to stick the knife IN your back? And why is it that it hurts so much worse? Maybe because, since we are one body, it's just unnatural to stab yourself, so to speak. I really struggled with anger and forgiveness over that one. God and I wrestled it out for months.

Just about the time, I was really able to forgive, I started to get sick. Three colds, influenza, the stomach flu, strep throat, pink eye and a double ear infection later, we were now into spring.

I had two car accidents. My brother who I hadn't seen in a long time, came home. While this was a good thing, reunions after that long are always a bit stressful.

We had to replace more things than I think have ever happened in our married life. It started with our washing machine and progressed to my car's brakes, alternator, starter and tires. Add to that our coffee pot, telephone/answering machine, and a sewer pipe that needed cleaning and it was rather expensive.

Of course, the list just wouldn't be complete without several medical issues. My last post I shared about my husband's heart issues. To find that out included a lot of expensive tests. About the same time, my tooth started to hurt. I mean REALLY hurt, and I found out I had a cracked tooth that still might require a root canal. And let's not forget the precancerous spot that needed to be removed from my lip. Fun times.

The final straw was that I got kicked off my husband's insurance. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay on the policy but now have to pay the full premium.

The past few weeks have been a time of indecision. Do I get a full time job? Will I be able to take care of my family and work a full time job? Should I start my own business? Would I be able to make enough with my own business? What happened to being called to write? It felt like circumstances were conspiring against me. Add to this my husbands desire to eat healthy - which for him means an endless supply of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

After buying my 3rd loaf of bread in 5 days, I'm really wanting that whole miracle of the feeding of the 5000. I could use a basket of bread about now! lol

So, to say I am feeling tired the past week or so is an understatement. It just sort of all caught up with me and I would really like to take about a 3 day nap.

Enter Jamie Grace and her song "Come to Me." It just couldn't have come at a better time! I'll leave you with the words of her song.

Come To Me
I had a dream I was standing on the shore
Two feet planted in the sand
Soakin' up Your glory
Saw You walking from a distance
Without a hint of resistence
had your arms open
And a warmth in your eyes
You took my hand and whispered
Come to me when you're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
rest from your burden now
I woke up to the weight of the world
Right back into reality
And all that's wrong
Cuz in the midest of this chaotic life
I try to find peace of mind
But you've been there all along
And even now I hear you whisper
Come to me when you're weary
and I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden
I feel the weight is slowly liftin'
As you close the distance
And I know it's gonna be okay when you say
Come to me when you're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
oh, I'm gonna carry your burden
Come to me when you're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden now
The weight is lifted now


Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment