Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE?

I'm sitting here at 5 a.m. getting ready to head into the hospital for a little outpatient surgery. To be honest, last night I was very nervous. I am not very good with needles and hospitals and all that stuff. But in the end, God is with us no matter what happens or where we are going.

I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. For me, this is really the middle of the night as I am NOT a morning person. But I dutifully got out of bed and got ready. I padded down the hallway to do my stretching exercises. Then I decided to check out "Wednesdays with Beth Moore".

God is always so good about providing me with what I need, when I need it. Her quote for the day was, "Where you are in your spiritual life at any given time depends on who and what you believe."

Wow - that about sums it up, doesn't it? Who and what do I believe? God tells me He'll never leave me or forsake me. He tells me that nothing can seperate me from His love or take me from His hand.

A few years ago, I did a Bible study called Believing God, again by Beth Moore (I just love her, btw). In it she asked the challenging question Do you not just believe IN God, but do you believe HIM?

We had five things we had to repeat every week. I can remember 4 out of the 5 of those statements. (give me a break here - it has been at least 4 years!)
1. I believe God is who He says He is.
2. I believe God can do what He says He can do.
3. I believe I am who God says that I am.
4. I believe God's Word is alive in me.

But in order to believe those things, I have to know what they are. I have to meditate on those truths and believe them even if I ain't feelin' it that day.

So, today, as my wimpy, needle-fearing self goes in to have surgery, I believe God wil be right there with me the whole time. And really, does it get any better than that?
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment