Wednesday, July 15, 2009

LILY PADS IN THE POND

As I have said before, I have felt stuck for a long time. Sort of stagnant, like a pond. It occurred to me today as I walked by a particularly smelly sewer run off, that even though not much has changed outwardly, God is growing some water lilies in that stagnant water.

I still live in the same neighborhood but now I am looking for ways to serve/help the people around me. I don't live in fear, now, either. I am still overweight, but don't feel driven my food like I once did. I am taking positive steps to improve my health and the weight is coming off, very slowly, but still, I'm moving in the right direction.

I still have the same problems and issues going on around me, but somehow, they don't rock my world quite as much. I find myself calmer, less stressed by circumstances. This isn't to say that I don't wig out still, but it's definitely less than it was before.

I still am not published, but I am taking steps to follow where God has called me. He has opened the path for me, one step at a time.

Yes, as I look around in the pond I'm living in, there are some definite lily pads floating here that weren't here at the beginning of the year. God is answering my prayers, not in the way I had envisioned, but He's answering. I find myself once again realizing that God's ways aren't our ways. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. He is moving, even when we don't see Him.

Psalms 103:1-8 "I will bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me will bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not all of His benefits. Who has pardoned my iniquity; Who has healed all my diseases; Who has satisfied my years with good things so that my youth will be renewed like an eagle. The Lord does righteous deeds and judgements for the oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses and acts to the sons of Israel. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness."

~Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment