Wednesday, July 8, 2009

GOD'S TIMING - ALWAYS JUST RIGHT!

I signed up for my writing class a few weeks ago. When the materials finally came, I don't know how many times I looked at the little note that came with it that said I had until July 8th to return it. There have been several times that I seriously thought of boxing up my instruction book and sending it back. Things like, "You'll never be able to do this" or "It's too hard!" or "When will you ever have time to do this and do it right?" circulated in my mind. I have to say the last couple weeks since I got my materials, I have had more negative thoughts and actual physical issues than I have had in a long time.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It seems when you start to do what God wants you to, Satan is right there to discourage you and try to distract you onto a rabbit trail. In fact, I should have been preparing myself for the attack, but I wasn't. I was sort of blindsided by the negativity and issues that cropped up.

But I made it - it is now too late to turn back. My time to decide is over. I have to press on toward the goal. This doesn't mean I am suddenly full of confidence or brimming with purpose though. But it does mean I am committed to seeing this through to the end.

With this sort of luke warm enthusiasm, I went out to get my mail today. I noticed a card addressed to me. I didn't recognize the address and wondered who could be sending me a card. I'll be honest and say, I was hoping it wasn't another wedding invitation - we have three coming up in the next month! (not that I am not thrilled for all of them of course!) I opened it up and there was a wonderful, encouraging note from my Bible study leader. We just started a new one this past Sunday. She specifically mentioned my writing class, encouring me and saying she would pray for me! It was just what I needed today to spur me onward.

God's timing is always just right. It also reminded me that when God nudges me to send a card or pick up the phone, I should do it! You never know if that little card or phone call will be God's way of answering someone's prayer who is just holding on.
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment