Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sorry about that - I can't figure out how to go back and write more, so I'll just continue here.

Even though God promises us the victory, that doesn't mean we don't have to fight. There are a couple things that I learned about what happened to Israel.

First, we have to fight even though we KNOW who wins in the end. God has told us we are overcomers in Christ, that our story has a happy ending, either here on earth or maybe not until heaven. But despite that happy ending, there are still struggles, at least while we are still on this earth.

Second, when we reach our promised land, we will face battles. In fact, the fighting might even increase, but we must be faithful to not give up or be willing to forgo the fight for the promise

Third, if we don't slay the enemies NOW, they will continue to hound us even in our promised land. When you look at Israel, they didn't finish the job. Because of that, those enemies continued to hassle them. The enemies also drew them away from God into worshipping false gods. If the Israelites had driven them all out as God told them too, they would have had a lot less grief in their promised land.

Fourth, even if we are in a time of wandering and haven't quite made it to the promised land, God still uses that time to prepare us and accomplish things. Even when we are waiting, we still need to be obedient and active.

It is just so amazing to me that a story that I thought I knew backwards and forwards has so many lessons to teach me, lessons that really apply to my life right now and what I am going through. God is very cool that way!
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment