Monday, October 19, 2009

MY HUSBAND THE HERO!

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on here. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. First, we had a large gas leak outside. Apparently, my husband had been smelling gas outside off and on, but when we got our extra large gas bill, he knew we had a leak. So, when he came home from a soccer game, he smelled gas again very strongly and he called the gas company. Turns out they had to dig and put in a new pipe and we also found out our electric ground wire was hooked up wrong too. So, we had to fix that too.

I was personally very thankful for how God watched over us, even when we didn't know we needed watching over. I know nothing about how gas works and how dangerous gas leaks are, but my neighbor comes over on occasion and she smokes. I'm just glad she didn't flick her cigerette and blow us all to kingdom come.

Anyway, we then had no hot water for about four days. A guy came out and fixed it for us but in the process sort of mangled our chain link fence, allowing the dog to get out. Then I got some not so great test results back. Then Brody, my youngest, got croup. Then I got h1n1. So, it's been an interesting couple of weeks.

But through it all, my husband has been a real hero! First, he pounded in a copper rod that was about six feet high so that our grounding wire could be put in properly. Then he fixed the fence so the dog couldn't go wandering.

While I"ve been down and out, he has fed the kids, kept them occupied, cleaned up the house, vacuumed, went to the grocery store, did laundry, and even walked the dog. But the thing that touched my hear the most, that made me feel loved and cared for was the fact that he changed the bed and put on fresh sheets. Just for me. Just so I'd have a nice, clean bed to sleep in. I thought that was just the sweetest thing ever!

My husband is not the type of person who is showy about what he does for others. He just quietly does what needs doing. He doesn't expect thanks or praise. He just does it because he feels like it is the right thing to do. He is one of the few people I know that actually live out his life's verse. It is Micah 6:8, "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God." And that's my husband all over. He truly is very humble. And that is why I sometimes overlook all the things he quietly does without fanfare. My new goal is to tell him, on a regular basis, how much I appreciate the fact that he is a good man!
~Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment