Monday, August 10, 2009

HIS GRACE IS ENOUGH

I have been concerned. Okay, to be honest, I have been fretting. Big time about this upcoming school year - how will I get it all done? will I see my friends/family? what if someone gets sick? On and on, the worries went in my mind. I could feel my shoulders creeping up to my ears as I stressed about the start of the school year.

I whined to God. I whined to friends. I whined to family memebers. I just grumbled and complained as I fretted away. As I learned last week, complaining is often a result of fear, and boy! was I fearful about this upcoming year.

Yesterday at church, I got into the main sanctuary a bit late as I was talking to someone. As I walked in a line from a song was being song - "His grace is enough."

And that's when it hit me! HIS grace IS enough. I don't have to worry or fret- I need to trust in Him to give me the strength and self discipline and perserverence to get through the year. I don't have to worry about next week or next month. I just have to do what He has for me to do today. I don't have "borrow trouble" for tomorrow, or next week or next month or next year.

I had been putting my trust and hope in being "more" - more organized, more scheduled, more productive - when I didn't have to be more because HE is enough.

What a load off my mind! What a weight off my shoulders! God is good. God is trustworthy. God directs my paths which makes Him the best GPS there is!
~ Blessings, Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment