Wednesday, March 7, 2012

20 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU

Many years ago - I believe it was in the 1990's - there was a movie called 10 Things I Hate About You. It was a movie that was loosely (VERY loosely) based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. It starred Julia Stiles (who I haven't seen in a movie in a really, really long time) and Heath Ledger who tragically killed himself a few years ago. It was one of those teen comedies and it was pretty funny from what I can remember.

Well, today, I'm going to do 20 Things I Love About You (the you meaning my dear husband). While I appreciate who my husband is, while doing this Bible study, What's It Like Being Married To Me, I've realized how far down my priority list he's slipped. It hasn't been on purpose, but life just gets busy and it is easy to let the important get trumped by the urgent. To celebrate what a great guy my hubby really is, here is my list!

20 Things I Love About You

1. You can trust what he says.
2. He has integrity.
3. He is kind - he truly does not want to hurt anyone
4. The way he can walk into a room, and without saying a word, be in charge
5. He rarely gets angry, and when he does, he doesn't lose control.
6. We've been married almost 19 years and he's never raised his voice at me. Ever.
7. He is calm in a crisis.
8. His ability to see the long-term consequences for decisions made today.
9. He is honest.
10. He's a great dad whose willing to learn.
11. He honors his parents.
12. Despite his natural alpha-ness, he still respects authority.
13. He has a gift for teaching.
14. He has a gift for coaching.
15. He has an incredible amount of self-control.
16. He is discreet.
17. He can keep a secret. (seriously, the man could work for the CIA)
18. He does not run off at the mouth (well, they do say opposites attract!)
19. He is not materialistic at all.
20. He lives out his life verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment