Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WHERE'S ALICE WHEN I NEED HER?

It is a little after 10 p.m. here and I am waiting for a final load of laundry to finish in the dryer. I have a stack of papers that need to be graded and lesson plans looming in my horizon. To be honest, with the holiday season in full swing, I feel a little overwhelmed.Shopping, wrapping, decorating: all of these things need to be added to my already full schedule.

I was just sitting here thinking that what I really need is an Alice - you know, the always smiling, always helpful maid from the Brady Bunch? She apparently lived with the family but still wore a blue uniform. hmmm. It never failed, when the camera zoomed into the kitchen, there stood Alice performing some vital function for the family. But when I look back at that show, Carol didn't work, did she? What did she need a live-in maid for anyway.

I have to admit, I feel a little jealous. I'm not sure where we would be a full-time, live-in maid, but I could sure use one. What a wonderful thing to come home and not to have to worry about dinner or cleaning or laundry or grocery shopping. Gee, what it really sounds like is that I need a wife! lol

The truth is though that despite all the balls that I currently am trying to keep in the air, God's grace is enough for me. He gets me through each day, and not just surviving either. He blesses me beyond measure. Like today, I had a follow up appointment for my final intestinal test - a small bowel capsule. I had to actually swallow a small camera. And don't ask me how they get it out or if they reuse it, as one of my students did. (use your imagination) God doesn't promise me grace for tomorrow but He does promise me enough for today.

When I look at my first post on here and how I wanted to live a victorious life in Christ, it seems I've come quite a long way. This time last year, I would have been spazzing out, totally freaked out about all that needed doing and the little time I had to do it in. This year, I know God will give me the grace and strength to get what needs doing done, and the stuff that doesn't get done - well, maybe it didn't need doing in the first place. I'll leave you with the words from a song by Chris Tomlin (one of my favorite Christian singers). I think it says it better than I can!
~ Blessings, Bronte

"Your Grace Is Enough"
Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters in to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me [x2]

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me

No comments:

Post a Comment